The CVR MLS has broken Richmond Metro down into about 20 +/- zones from 10 to 66 and beyond.While at some point I am sure there was a method to this, the market is in a constant state of flux and the traditional lines that once defined someone’s interpretation of market behavior changed and thus the zones should have changed with it.
They have not.
Understanding the zones is just one tool in the search. While it used to be an integral one and in some cases still is (municipal borders is still pretty key), the zones of CVRMLS don’t mean what they used to. A breakdown is below with commentary…
City of Richmond
- Zone 22 — The West End
- Zone 32 — Central Henrico
- Zone 34 — Glen Allen area
- Zones 40 & 42 — Eastern Henrico
- Zones 52 & 54 — Southeast Chesterfield
- Zone 62 — Midlothian to Hull Street
- Zone 64 — Bon Air to Midlothian
- Zone 24 — Goochland County